Friday, November 25, 2016

Shout Out for Notepad++

I have to mention this tool at some point.  It has been a godsend on many projects now since I found it a few years ago.  I've put it on every development or test box I use more than once.

Notepad++

For Windows, Mac, Linux.  Supports many languages right out of the box.

Get it from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/

Compare (Diff) PlugIn

I don't use any of the plugins, except for the Compare (Diff) plugin.  Gives you a nice text diff of two files.

Compare does not come with Notepad++, you have to download it separately.  The Readme instructions are a little sparse about installing.  Basically you just put the .DLL (Windows) or other OS files in the Notepad++ plugins/ directory.  e.g. 64-bit Windows it goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins


=SWGun.Slingers[1];

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean, and try to be brief. Thank you.